All parents/guardians are advised to read the policies and the terms and conditions governing the admission to Able Learners (M) Sdn Bhd (which shall be referred as “AL”) and the child’s continued enrolment as student of AL, as set out below.
Enrolment and Student Placement
1. The placement of the child is also at the absolute discretion of AL and in this regard, AL generally takes into consideration various factors, including the child’s age, academic ability, level of achievement relative to AL’s current students and the child’s behavior.
2. On being offered a place, the parent/guardian shall pay the required fees (including the refundable deposit – advance term fee) at the applicable for the term for which the place is offered within and no later than the stipulated deadline as stated on the offer. (See fee schedule for details.) Please note that fees are normally reviewed on a 3 year basis and that the fees indicated on the current fee schedule may not be the fees applicable for subsequent terms. For the avoidance of doubt, AL reserves the right to revise the fee payable.
3. AL reserves the right to place the child in a class which the Head of Department deems academically and developmentally suitable to the child’s needs at anytime and from time to time whilst the child is enrolled at AL.
1. Fees for subsequent terms are payable in advance, to be paid on or before the commencement of each term. Students are not allowed to attend class unless all fees payable have been paid.
2. The Parent/guardian undertakes to pay, or arrange payment of all the Fees applicable in each term directly to AL. If the parent/guardian fails to pay any payment due and payable, a Student may be excluded from AL at any time when fees are unpaid and will be deemed withdrawn without notice twenty eight (28) days after exclusion. AL also reserves the right to withhold all examination results, certificates and records of the child.
Withdrawal Process and Refund Policy
1. A parent/guardian may withdraw the child from the AL by giving to AL ONE (1) full academic term’s notice, failing which the fee deposit SHALL be forfeited in full. The said notice shall set out the date of such withdrawal (“Withdrawal Date”), failing which the same shall be deemed as insufficient notice. For avoidance of doubt, please note that the notice of withdrawal must straddle ONE (1) FULL ACADEMIC TERM to be considered “sufficient firm notice”. In amplification hereof the following are illustrations of what constitute insufficient notice-
a) If it is intended that the child will leave AL during or at the end of an academic term, notice of withdrawal must be received by AL not later than the first day of the same academic term, failing which the fee deposit shall be forfeited;
b) If the child is withdrawn from AL prior to the Withdrawal Date;
c) If the notice of withdrawal does not set out the Withdrawal Date.
Provisional or conditional notice of withdrawal is not accepted. If the child is not withdrawn from AL on the Withdrawal Date, a fresh notice of withdrawal of not less than ONE (1) full academic term must be received by AL. The provisions of this clause will apply in the case of a prolonged absence of the child from AL
1. The parent/guardian agree and consent that the fee deposit SHALL be forfeited in full, notwithstanding such monies are paid by parent or third party sponsor, in the event insufficient notice , provisional or conditional notice of withdrawal is given. Parent/guardian agrees and consents to indemnity AL for any such incident loss or damage.
2. The charge of a full academic term’s Fees represents a genuine pre-estimate of AL’s loss in these circumstances, and sometimes the actual loss to AL will be much greater. This rule is necessary to promote stability and AL’s ability to plan its staffing and other resources.
3. All deposit paid shall under no circumstances be treated as payment of tuition fees or any part thereof or any other payments required to be paid and may not be used to set- off any amount due and payable by the parent/guardian.
4. The parent/guardian shall pay such additional monies as are necessary to top up the deposit to maintain its equivalence to one term’s tuition fee on or before the commencement of the relevant academic term.
5. All monies refundable under the conditions hereof shall be refunded free of interest and must be claimed by the parent/guardian within one (1) year from the date the child ceases to be a student of AL, failing which the parents’ consent and authorize AL to immediately transfer the said monies into the “AL Improvement Fund”, whereupon the parent/guardian shall have no claim in respect of such monies thereafter. AL shall be entitled to utilize such monies in AL Improvement Fund as AL deems fit.
6. Where a child has been withdrawn from AL and applies for re-admission, no registration fee will be payable if the child is re-admitted (subject to availability of a place ) within three (3) academic terms from the date the child left AL. The Application Fee,Re-Entry fee, Tuition fee, Deposit and other fees payable, all at the then prevailing rate, are required to be prior to such re-admission and the whole application process.
Sanctions and Discipline Policy
1. AL reserves the right to suspend or expel a child in a case of misconduct or a serious breach of discipline, particularly if this has a detrimental effect (in the opinion of AL) on the other students in AL.
2. AL may require at any time the withdrawal of a child from AL for any reason at the discretion of the Principal. Reasons may include matters related to the child’s inability to participate in or benefit fully from AL’s curriculum or if there is a breach by the parent/guardian or the child of any matters or things not mentioned herein. AL’s decision is final.
3. Student must attend all classes regularly, participate in all relevant or extra curriculum activities and sit for all relevant examinations applicable to the student unless excused on medical grounds or other compelling cogent reason. Failure to attend classes, shall entitle AL to take such actions as may be required, including without limitation, requiring the student to repeat (an) academic term (s) or to be withdrawn from AL.
4. In case of medical emergency, where neither parent or guardian can be contacted to give consent, the parent/guardian consent and authorize the Principal or any nominated personnel by the Principal to authorize the medical examination of the child by a registered doctor, or send the child to a clinic/medical centre ,all expenses thereby incurred will be on the parent’s or guardian’s account and the parent/guardian agree to indemnify AL fully.
5. The parent/guardian agrees that AL shall not be liable for any death, personal injury or any loss or damage of any kind whatsoever which the child may sustain at any time either within AL premises, authorized field trip or elsewhere, which is not attributable to the negligence of AL, its officers, agents or employees.
General Terms and Conditions
1. AL shall be entitled at anytime to amend, add or delete any terms and conditions in respect of the admission of the child, his/her continued enrolment at AL or any matters related thereto by way of letter sent by ordinary post or handed over to the child.
2. AL may at anytime review, amend or make such rules and regulations relating to the conduct of students in AL and such matters that the child and/or parent/guardian may be required to do or comply with as a student of AL.
3. Failure to satisfy all sections of the Agreement on several occasions will lead to a review of the place offered at AL for the subsequent academic year.
4. A breach of any such rules and regulations in force, whether recently enforced, reviewed or amended shall be deemed to be breach of the terms and conditions herein.
5. AL may and the parent/guardian hereby gives his/her consent to AL to take such photographs, images, recordings, works or derivative works of the child and to use, free of charge, such photographs, images recordings, works or derivative works in any media and for whatever purpose as the AL shall deem fit, including without limitation for any promotional materials, including website of AL.
6. AL may correspond with Parent/Guardian to share updates and information about AL from time to time. If you do not wish to receive any of the information, please notify AL in writing.
7. All notices, letters and correspondence from AL may be sent to the parent at the address set out in the Application for Admission Form and shall be deemed sufficiently served if sent by ordinary post or if the same is handed over to the child.
8. All references herein to “parent” shall mean either parent of the child or legal guardian and the provisions herein shall be binding on them jointly and severally.
9. All references herein to ‘AL’ shall collectively mean Able Learners (M) Sdn Bhd.
10. All references herein to “Head of the Department” shall collectively mean the Head of Secondary and/or Head of Primary and/or Principal of AL
11. The offer of a place and its acceptance by the Parents/guardians give rise to a legally binding contract on the terms of conditions in the Application form, these Terms and Conditions and any future terms and conditions notified to the parent/guardian in writing.
12. Third Party Excluded: Only AL and the parent/guardian are parties to his contract. The Student is not a party to it and neither is a third party sponsoring the student. The acts and omissions of Parents-/guardian are binding on the Student and vice versa as to any matter behavior, discipline and Fees .All requests and authorities by the Parent/guardian are treated as being made on behalf of the Student and Vice versa.
The following provisions are applicable in the case of AL being a tutorial provider for students who are independent candidates for primary checkpoint, secondary checkpoint and IGSCE CIE.